You will make a character in MudBox and import it into 3DSMax where you will create a 45 second animation featuring your character.
- You must make a new model in MudBox (you can't use the dinosaur and your model has to have a body - arms, legs, etc...)
- Texture and paint your model
- Use the pose tools to make bones and joints for your character
- Import your character into 3DSMax
- Create a 45 second animation which features your character.
Make sure your animation tells a story - don't make it a random series of movements.
- You will be graded on effort and how well you followed the requirements listed above.
- You need to have your character's model done by Friday May 20th as I will be taking a summative grade that day. This means that your model has to be textured, painted, and posed by Friday.
- A formative grade will be taken on Friday May 27th based on how much of your animation is complete. Your goal is 30 seconds by the 27th.
- A final formative will be taken on Wednesday June 1st (3rd Period) and Thursday June 2nd (4th Period). This will be for reaching the goal of 45 seconds of animation.
- Your completed project will be graded during class time on June 1st for 3rd Period and June 2nd for 4th Period as your Semester Final Test Grade.
I am available for tutoring most days before and after school if you need some extra time. Check with me first to make sure I will be here.